Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"Valentine's Day" Review

Now movies with large intertwining casts are not a new thing, and are not always a bad thing. I’m not a huge fan, but I think “Love Actually” was a triumph in that particular field. However, in recent years there have been some fairly bollocks ones. “He’s just not that into you” was shit, “The boat that rocked” was pointlessly long, and even action based one “Vantage Point” was irritating. “Valentine’s Day” is part of the latter category.

Now this movie had one more feature the others large casted movies didn’t… MORE CHARACTERS! While I was watching “He’s just not that into you” all I could think was… Wow, this movie has too many fucking characters… and then I watched “Valentine’s Day”. There are about 20 main characters, all with about 5 minutes of screen time. These characters all go through heaps of plot twists, romantic clichés, and pure predictability. Half the characters add absolutely nothing to the story at all. For example, after watching it, can anyone tell me what the fuck was the point of Julia Roberts’ and Bradley Cooper’s characters? There are so many twists and turns that half the time you are thinking “But that wouldn’t fucking happen”, and so many plot holes it will make your brain melt (well, if you’re an obsessive observant freak like me).

I admit, there will be morons out there who just sit being all happy about the love between the people in the movie, but as a heartless emotionless wanker I just didn’t feel it. Either way, it was a sickening love fest that made no sense. “Ignorant of reality” as it states in the movie.

Oh, and did I mention the acting? It’s… dreadful. I think Taylor Swift should stick to what she knows (even though her music is awful…), and I think Taylor Lautner should just die. There are some decent actors in it, Eric Dane was quite good, and Patrick Dempsey was basically the same as he is in Grey’s Anatomy, and Jessica Biel was kind of amusing. But overall, it was just a difficult movie to sit through
.
Since that’s all I have to say about that movie, just think I should make some short comments on several other movies I’ve seen lately. “Shutter Island” was predictable, but thoroughly enjoyable and well made. “Percy Jackson” was crap, with terrible dialogue and horrid acting. “The Wolfman” was great, go and watch it. I’m serious, do it!

Oh and over the next few days I shall be watching the last few Oscar nominated movies, and shall tell you who I think should win (And trust me, “Avatar” (the favourite) will not be my choice, and anyone who thinks it deserves best picture is an IDIOT!)

2 comments:

  1. Julia Roberts was awesome in the out takes. It was the best part of Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, yeh, the outtakes were far better then the actual movie lol.

    ReplyDelete