Sunday, March 7, 2010

And the winner is...

Best Adapted Screenplay: Precious
Really? Why? That movie was just so... bad. I spent the whole time trying to avoid choking myself. Albeit I haven’t read the book, but I can’t see it being any more enjoyable (I guess you wouldn’t have to hear the HORRIBLE voices...)
My Pick: Up in the Air

Best Original Screenplay: The Hurt Locker
Screenplay? Hardly... There was really no story. It was just a heap of random scenes stuck together that didn’t really go that well together. It made no sense, felt very slow, and had no excitement or suspense. I really don’t see how it deserved it.
My Pick: Inglourious Basterds

Best Supporting Actress: Mo’Nique
No! Just no! Who voted for her? She is just such an annoying character. I wanted to stab her in the face the entire time I was watching that movie... after stabbing myself in the face for choosing to watch such a shit movie. I know, this may just be another bitch about Precious, but considering how much I hated that movie, 2 of those doesn’t seem to me to be enough.
My Pick: Anna Kendrick (Up in the Air)

Best Supporting Actor: Christophe Waltz (Inglourious Basterds)
Ok, I’ll accept that one. He was great as the Jew Hunter. I wouldn’t have voted for him personally, but I can understand why people did. He was probably the best character in Inglourious Basterds.
My Pick: Stanley Tucci (The Lovely Bones)

Best Actress: Sandra Bullock (The Blind Side)
We all already knew that one. That was always going to happen. Now maybe I just have a prejudice against southern accents, or maybe I just find Sandra Bullock to be an annoying person, but I so badly disagree. Also, The Blind Side was a horrid movie. An Education was a better movie, and Carey Mulligan was better in it. I will never understand the academy’s views.
My Pick: Carey Mulligan (An Education)

Best Actor: Jeff Bridges (Crazy Heart)
I admit it, I never saw Crazy Heart. I’ve seen the trailers and it just doesn’t seem like something that interested me. For all I know, it was brilliant. I do quite like Jeff Bridges... his hair is generally long, which is always a positive. And he was awesome in The Big Lebowski. Either way, I’m not sure on that one. When I see Crazy Heart I’ll make a more educated decision.
My Pick: George Clooney (Up in the Air, given that I haven’t seen crazy heart)

Best Director: Kathryn Bigelow (The Hurt Locker)
Yes, we all saw that one coming too. I still don’t see how; again citing the lack of pacing or storyline in The Hurt Locker. I still think that part of her winning was due to people wanting a female to win (and no I’m not being sexist, go watch The Hurt Locker, tell me what you think).
My Pick: Quentin Tarantino (Inglourious Basterds)

Best Picture: The Hurt Locker
FUCK YES! AVATAR DIDN’T FUCKING WIN. Yes, I know, I didn’t really like The Hurt Locker either, but I just love the fact that avatar didn’t win. It makes me happy. I still once again think that the academy is on crack, as I would have preferred 4 of the other movies to win. Oh well, I don’t get a vote... One day I might... But with 5800 people voting, one makes fuck all difference.
My Pick: An Education or Up in the Air

No comments:

Post a Comment